HopkinsLocal will increase participation of local businesses; certified Minority, Women and Disadvantaged Business Enterprises (MBEs); and city residents in design, consultant, and construction opportunities.
The program will
- Achieve 17 percent participation in construction contracts by Minority, Women and Disadvantaged Business Enterprises (MBE) that have been certified by the state or city. The goal is based on the addressable spend of the construction project portfolio across Johns Hopkins entities in Baltimore City.
- Begin tracking participation by Local Business Enterprises (LBE) in order to set requirements in future years.
- Foster the capabilities and capacities of MBE and LBE firms.
- Institute monitoring of MBE participation for all construction projects and hold companies accountable for achieving inclusion goals stated in contracts.
- Institute a joint prequalification and vendor review process to develop an access portal to the university and health system Design & Construction departments.
- Include a local hiring policy for all design and construction projects.